Wednesday, November 21, 2012

GBWC 2012 Malaysia coverage


Credit: Waynshaun
    As Singapore's GBWC is underway, our neighbours are having their own GBWC as well! (Hmm how are the judges gonna be in two places at once? LOL) There are quite a number of realistic dios from M'sia that I really like. Maybe this weekend I mght feel crazy enough to make a trip down on Sat just before our own results are announced. Should I??? I'm tempted to see these gems up close, and it's the only GBWC we can actually check out without having to buy an air ticket LOL! Well while I decide, here are the entries - Credit to Becky for letting me use her pics. Most here are hers unless indicated. Also to Waynshaun for his pics (as indicated). Let's roll! 


                                    

                  

                                      

                                  
Not really sure what this is..... Is it a fruit?

I actually wanna see this up close. The colour scheme is growing on me!

Credit: Waynshaun

Nice camo format.

Finally a Murasai!



Now that's a kit we seldom see!
Credit: Waynshaun 

Becky's very own pice. I always like pieces which tell a scene or story. Check out her blog for more on this.




Credit: Waynshaun






Credit: Waynshaun

Credit: Waynshaun
I think that's a Hamlet re-enactment LOL.


Okay, Big Boy territory once again! Here we go -
At some point I have to attempt a water cross-section dio like this! 


Somehow I think it's a lock for Top 3, but then I'm not too accurate with results so don't take my word for it! :P There's even a video of it. The selling point is the welding lights effect that still photos can't portray. Check it out folks, nice touch!


Really detailed up. I like how it's all done up in grungy militaristic style. Nice spin on the RX.


Last year's grand champ Jeff Ho's Psycho Gundam using a PG frame if I am not wrong. Maaan wished I could go down and see it up close!


Another of Jeff's works,(yeah he has two!). The design is actually similar to the 2nd place winner in Indonesia, but Jeff's has action and a dio. Neat!

Credit: Waynshaun
Really like the clean look of this Gundam Alex. There's something majestic about it.
Credit: Waynshaun

    Lastly, my personal favourite. Three Zakus on a mountain dio. Really gotta see it live to appreciate the realism here. I like that little attention paid to the foot print on the bottom right by the last Zaku lol.

Credit: Waynshaun
     For more behind-the-scene shots, check out this post. I admire the community spirit and camaraderie of the Malaysians. That's what Gunpla should be about - meeting up for drinks and gatherings, sharing of ideas and passion. Some of these guys don't even live nearby to each other, but they can be bothered to meet up. Wish we had the same spirit here in Singapore!

Good luck to all contestants!



5 comments:

tulispendekpendek said...

This place is just half an hour drive from home, yet I still can't go because of classes and work. Life sucks.

Waylander said...

That's a waste bro! If by any chance you're free on Sat, pop by. I'm going there with Toymaker. Woohoo!

夜雨 AmaYA said...

it is not a fruit LA......................................................................

Waylander said...

LOL Sorry friend, is it yours? What is it then? I'll put a correct description. :)

tulispendekpendek said...

I've been there yesterday, got 2 hours gap between classes. Driving like hell just to make sure I reach there in time! Hahah. My favourite is the "repairing Zaku" one. The lights even blinking, like real welding process!

FIND IT!

COOL FOLKS