Friday, November 23, 2012

JAPAN GBWC 2012

    GBWCs are popping up all over the world folks! It's really in season now. At the Gunpla Expo in Japan now are the finalists for Japan's GBWC. The eventual winner will go up against YOUR country's winner. This year's favourite theme for the Japanese seem to be water dios. But I really like some of the understated mods and refined builds. After all, it's Japan. They invented this LOL. Photo credits are all Eday Ng, unless indicated otherwise.  Let's roll - 

We'll start with the NON-COMPETITIVE pieces. I reckon these are just display builds for the expo:


The must-get kit of Jan!

If this one were part of a comp it might probably win something, though I doubt it would fit the size dimensions LOL.











Some crazy wacky ones - 








 ARE YOU READY FOR THE COMPETITION? HERE WE GO!
Credit: Gundam Guy
Credit: Gundam Guy


Credit: Gundam Guy
Credit: Gundam Guy
Credit: Gundam Guy
Credit: Gunday Guy
Credit: Gunday Guy
Credit: Gundam Guy



Credit: Gundam Guy
Credit: Gundam Guy
Credit: Gundam Guy
Credit: Gundam Guy




Ok guys, we're in the favourites territory here (at least according to me) These are the few which really caught my eye - 


Credit: Gundam Guy
Credit: Gundam Guy

Really like how the mods here look so understated, yet on close inspection, reveal their true extent. Subtlety is the key for the Japanese! And that's a really hard colour to pull off in real life - dull but eye-catching. What am I even talking about? LOL




One of my favouites - a Bushido Astray.


Interesting water action sequence. Gotta attempt something like this some day!




Another favourite. A Hygog in a tub! You dont wanna mess with this lil fella!








A personal favourite of mine - the love-child of 00 and Stamen! LOL




Lastl ladies and gents, my pick for the Japanese winner, if I may be so bold to predict - 'Encounter' by Yamatatu. The same dude which won last year with his white fantasy Sinanju Wish.






2 comments:

Frøg said...

Is that a 00Q R1 I see? And I'm really digging the GaoGaiGar kit. Pretty sure the SF was used for it.

tulispendekpendek said...

All of them are perfect! Well, what do you expect from Japanese? They're the pioneer. Hahah. But my favourite is the broken Ball. I kinda like the Gyan, but the head looks weird... Looks too big. I must learn modding, painting and weathering, NOW! Hahahah

FIND IT!

COOL FOLKS