Saturday, August 15, 2015

God Armour Optimus Prime (God Ginrai)


So I've had this massive third party toy for some time now, and it's made of real shitty plastic so I thought it deserved a repaint in metallic sheen. The God Ginrai Optimus Prime is a juiced-up version of Prime. 'Nuff said! Lots of masking on this one. I didn't want to do any mods or even close up seams and screw-holes. Not worth the time. And besides, masking those energy glow bits on the armour was enough to kill me :P

At this size, it'll be impressive enough in metallics ;)

Enjoy!





You'll realise the chest armour has 2 looks. That's cos an extendable part can be lifted and moved to the abdomen to expose the clear blue plastic underneath. I can't decide which look to display it in...hmmm.






I used metal stickers as I thought they'd fit the metallic theme more. 


The wing was a nightmare to paint because I didn't really dismantle it as I didn't want the hassle of putting it back together, so I painted the whole piece in different phases, masking various parts. Whew!


The legs are my fave part of this toy - super chunky, super powerful. Just a bitch to fit as the third party quality of the plastic parts was not good. All came together pretty well though..
















The hyper rifle is my fave weapon of choice. Had to do more crazy masking on this weapon of mass destruction! Especially the energy glow bits.








Size comparison with other toys. Here a 1/100 MG Epyon gundam. 


With a custom AOE Prime that I made last year. Another one of my fav pieces! ;)


Stands toe to toe with a 1/48 Age Gundam! I think this would be about the scale to a Gundam,  Optimus is in his God Armour.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I need this in my life. I have an unopened original and this would be perfect.

Unknown said...

I need this in my life. I have an unopened original and this would be perfect.

FIND IT!

COOL FOLKS